- The first 20 minutes of 2001: A Space Odyssey
- The last 10 minutes of if . . . .
- The first half of Barry Lyndon but not the second half
- Every minute of Days of Heaven
- Every minute of Russian Ark
- The opening sequence of Ponyo
- The last five minutes of Aguirre, the Wrath of God
- The closing titles sequence of INLAND EMPIRE
The good folks at Melville House want to duel with you. They’re publishing five novellas, all called The Duel, and they want you to make a trailer for the books. You can win books and “underground fame,” which I’m sure won’t be fleeting (in any case, winning all 42 titles in their Art of the Novella series is nothing to sneeze at). Full details at Moby Lives.
Some other duels we like:
A duel from Barry Lyndon—
Jean-Léon Gérôme’s Duel After the Masked Ball—
“Duel” by Swervedriver—
A favorite scene from a favorite movie—