The good people at Random House are giving away a copy of ETA Hoffman’s Nutcracker illustrated by Maurice Sendak to one lucky Biblioklept reader. The book is beautiful, so you’ll have to work for it.
The first person to answer all of the following questions correctly will be sent a copy of the book (sorry, US addresses only). Email answers and your mailing address to biblioklept.ed[at]gmail[dot]com.
Okay, folks, we got a winner. Congrats to Mihaela Geaman who was the first to send in a set of correct answers. Answers below:
1. Which Sendak book most often appears on the ALA’s 100 Most Frequently Challenged Books list?
2. Which two American Renaissance era writers did Sendak frequently cite as favorites?
3. What English artist did Sendak “borrow” images from for his collaboration with Robert Graves?
4. What fictional character did Sendak consider his “twin”?
5. What tragic news story inspired elements of Sendak’s book Outside Over There?
1. In the Night Kitchen
2. Emily Dickinson & Herman Melville
3. Beatrix Potter
4. Mickey Mouse
5. The Lindbergh baby kidnapping