- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)
- Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
3 thoughts on “Film Poster for Tarkovsky’s Nostalghia — Stasys Eidrigevicius”
I’ve thought about Tarkovsky several times today. I went back over “Valhalla Rising.” I knew it was great, but the second viewing was the one I needed/wanted. Watching “Only God Forgives” a third time. Still want to see the “Pusher” trilogy. Ever watch any of these? I think Refn’s a genius, real old-school revenge/tragedy technician. Anyways, haha…
ONLY GOD FORGIVES is one or the finest films of the past five years: Candy colored Oedipal tragedy (Revenge of Nobodaddy). Still don’t get the revulsion for the film—I guess some folks wanted DRIVE 2?
I wrote about VR on here a few years ago–basically a perfect film. But I haven’t seen PUSHER yet…
I agree. And, yeah, people wanted “Drive 2” for sure. Don’t get me wrong, “Drive” is a great film. But, “Only God Forgives” is much better. I really enjoy Girard and Refn’s films are the best contemporary representations I’ve found of that lineage Girard specializes in. I’ll try to find the “Valhalla Rising” post. Sometime soon I’m going to get the “Pusher” DVD set. I’ll let you know if it’s worth a viewing. I did see that it was remade a few years ago here in the States (got all excited because I thought it was the original on Netflix, but… curse remakes!).